Good Team Leaders Checklist
HIGH-PERFORMING teams have six characteristics: leadership, organization, communication, knowledge, experience, and discipline, says former Air Force F-115 pilot James Murphy. But among these, leadership comes first. Bad leadership destroys a team.
Leaders hold themselves accountable for team performance. And great teams support each other.
on Courage to Implement he writes, “Leaders of high-performing teams encourage their people to ask these two questions: First, Is there someone on my team who needs my help in achieving our goals? Second, Do I need help from someone on my team to achieve our goals?“
Murphy offers a Good Team Leaders Checklist to ensure you create a positive team environment every day:
○ Take responsibility: A team owns success; a leader has failure.
○ Enforce accountability for themselves and their team members.
○ Model a Suitable example.
○ Strengthen standards and processes.
○ Develop situational awareness.
○ Listen actively.
○ Facilitating collaboration.
○ Delegating, trusting, and developing leadership in others.
○ Organize mutual support.
○ Thank and reward team members.
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter for more ideas on leadership and personal development.